Limiting the Impact of Tennessee Drug Possession Charges
In the eyes of the law, a small amount of drugs is still a serious offense. If you have been charged with drug possession, the skill and experience of your lawyer can mean the difference between going to jail and having a criminal record, or getting a second chance.
Charged with Drug Possession?
At Davis, Kessler & Davis, we make every effort to keep drug charges from ruining your life, by challenging the prosecution's case and exploring alternative sentencing. Contact us immediately to protect your rights.
- Possession of marijuana or drug paraphernalia
- Possession of cocaine, crack, meth or other controlled substances
- Illegal possession of prescription narcotics
- Intent to distribute (quantity greater than "personal use")
- Sale or drug trafficking
We can defend you on any charges:
The Veteran Criminal Defense You Need
Our attorneys have over 40 years of combined experience, and often work cases together to develop the best strategy for avoiding the worst consequences. We examine every facet of your arrest to get charges or key evidence dismissed, particularly the circumstances under which police discovered drugs:
- Did the officer have probable cause for a traffic stop? Reasonable suspicion to search your car or person?
- Did police have a valid search warrant? Did they exceed it? Did you give consent to a search?
If the search was solid and the evidence is strong, we advise clients on favorable pleas to avoid the harsh prison time of a straight conviction. If the state's case is weak — or the prosecutor won't deal — we will vigorously represent you at trial. Contact our office to discuss your drug possession charges. We realize that your future is in our hands, and we take every case seriously.